Shortly after we reported that the MOL Bubi shared-bike system will be renewed after six years, with services suspended until spring 2021, comes the news that Csepel Bicycle Manufacturers have just won the five-year tender to provide the new, lightweight vehicles.
Features of the new system involve:
• 1,200 new bicycles each 21.4kg in weight
• Overseeing 158 collection stations
• Planning and licensing new collection stations, relocating others
• Creating the software for a new central background system
• Developing a new user-friendly app