The Museum of Fine Arts (Szépművészeti Múzeum) was built between 1900 and 1906 in eclectic Neo-Classical style according to plans by Albert Schickedanz and Fülöp Herzog, on one side of Heroes' Square. After a major renovation, it reopened in late 2019 to host a series of blockbuster exhibitions, such as the ones on the Flemish Masters and Da Vinci. The permanent collection includes big international names up to 1600 and key Hungarian artists until 1800. The museum is now divided into five major sections, including Egyptian Art and Classical Antiquities.

Related content

Admin mode