The Zugliget Chairlift (Libegő) is a fun alternative mode of transport in the Buda Hills. Transporting passengers between Zugliget and the Erzsébet Lookout Tower, the Chairlift will take you calmly up the side of János Hill in about 15 minutes – while providing pretty panoramic views of the Buda surrounds. The Chairlift is operated by the BKV , with a single adult ticket costing 1000 HUF. It can be reached by taking bus 291 from Nyugati Railway Station to its final stop. Whether for a special date or just a relaxed outing in Buda – a trip on the Chairlift is a unique experience.
Tip: We recommend to try a tasty Magyar lángos here, as well as the frosty treats of Fragola in the summer.
- 8 types of open-air transport for breezy rides in Budapest
- 13 reasons to visit Budapest in spring 2017
- 5+1 alcohol-free activities for summer evenings in Budapest
- Budapest’s public transport “sightseeing” routes
- Top 25 most searched for sights and shops on WLB
- Adventures of Budapest: action-packed amusement for all ages
- Budapest trip tips for the fall
- Unusual means of transport