Paris Department Store (temporarily closed)
The Paris Department Store (Párizsi Nagyáruház, formerly Párisi Nagyáruház or Divatcsarnok) can be found at 39 Andrássy Avenue. Its predecessor was the Terézvárosi Kaszinó, but Budapest’s first major department store opened its gates in 1910. The building can also be approached from 54 Paulay Ede Street. The building shows some wonderful no-renaissance characteristics, especially when we’re drinking a hot black coffee in the room decorated with Lotz Károly’s murals. We couldn’t wish for a more authentic journey back in time to Budapest after the turn of the century. The Alexandra Bookstore operating in the Paris Department Store won the Year’s Metropolitan Bookshop prize in 2011. The former ballroom is now a coffee house, while the uppermost storey houses the Párisi Gallery and Arts Salon, only “topped” by the rooftop 360 Bar.
|PHONE :||+3614848000 |