Similar to the other spas on this side of the river, the Király Baths were built during the Turkish occupation of Hungary in the 16th century. Construction was undertaken by Arslan, Pasha of Buda in 1565, and completed by his successor, Sokoli Mustafa. Though the Király had no direct thermal-water base at the time, nor has any today – in case of siege, the Ottomans needed bathing facilities close to Buda Castle. The water supply was provided by the Lukács Baths further north. With the return to Hungarian rule, the baths were acquired by the König (‘Király’) family, who rebuilt the complex to its current form, combining old with new, and preserving its historical character. The current structure dates back to this revamp in the early 1800s. The Király is scheduled to be fully renovated by 2020, including the domed space with pools and a Turkish-style inner court. A new 20-metre pool, saunas, changing rooms and a relocated main entrance are planned as part of the reconstruction work. For the time being, the Király welcomes over-14s of both sexes every day, and also hosts an exciting escape game.
|With the abolition of men- and women-only bathing days, the bath now awaits both ladies and gents every day of the week.|
|PHONE :||+3612023688 |