A port has been set up at the north side of the Parliament just for Lajta, so that it can dock for a relatively long period of time. The ship is now open to visitors from spring to fall. Lajta (formerly Leitha) is one of the oldest buoyant river warships from the era of the Austro-Hungarian Empire. In 1861, Swedish engineer Ericsson designed an armoured warship for the USA that did not attack the enemy from the side, but from the front. After serving its owners well through the end of the 19th and the beginning of the 20th century, Lajta was demobilized in 1919. On the 6th of October 1993, the Institute and Museum of Military History registered the ship, and it was restored in 2010. The Lajta made in Újpest is the only one in the world that survived from that first decade when these monitor-type warships were first made. Individuals can visit the museum ship without registration; only groups need to register by telephone. Foreign-language guided tours are also available on the Lajta.
Guided tours start every half an hour.